Presentations & Trainings
Your training was a deep drink of truth.
-Pastor Orleen Haseltine, Maranatha Church of Forest Lake
Kotz speaking on involving men in gender violence prevention at Saint John's University.
Rebecca is a presenter who is passionate about delivering unsanitized truth .
The realities of trafficking, pornography, and sexist violence have been sugar-coated for too long. The time to act is now. This is a human rights emergency.
Kotz enjoys challenging her audience to address issues of men's violence against women at the root through preventative approaches and intersectional, long-term social justice solutions.
Her approach involves focusing on holistic cultural, institutional, and systemic change beyond individual behavior modification.
Kotz believes in restoring and redeeming relationships- as healthy, intimate, egalitarian, courageously vulnerable, safe, and joy-filled partnerships- void of abuse.
Kotz integrates survivor voices, best practices, latest research, critical media literacy and analysis that blends her personal and professional experience to develop effective community education/training to mobilize change.
She has spoken at many conferences, non-profit organizations, government agencies, churches, professional agencies, high school, middle school, and university classes. Kotz conducts both trainings for professionals and educational presentations for the community.
Topics can be catered to the event and edited to fit either secular or Christian audiences
* asterisk indicates a presentation specific to faith-based audiences
- CSET Community (Commercial Sexual Exploitation & Trafficking of Youth and/or Adults): This session will address the definition of commercial sexual
exploitation and trafficking, Safe Harbor and trafficking laws, risk-factors, methods of recruitment, grooming
into the industry, pimp tactics, experiences of those involved, the impact of trauma, the influence of the internet and pornography, victim identification and warning signs, responding and supporting victims.
- CSET Trainings for Professionals: Includes the above topics as well as topics on best practices for working with and identifying victims, counseling/interview techniques, laws and reporting, terminology used by victims, protocol and response.
- *CSET Trainings for Churches: Includes the above topics as well as ministry and counseling techniques, understanding toxic church practices that contribute to violence against women, and how we as a church can do our part in prevention, building up, and supporting women and men holistically.
- The Impact of Pornography: Harms & Addiction Affecting Relationships & Society: Pornography is now considered a child’s first form of “sex education” with the average age of exposure to pornography being 8-11 years old. This session will address the modern state of pornography, violence, intersections of trafficking, the addiction process, how to respond to those struggling with porn, and the effects of pornography on individuals, relationships, sexuality, and society.
- The Socialization of Exploitation: Rape Culture:This session will address the socialization of abuse, the impact of pornography, critiques of popular media (song lyrics, music videos, films, advertisement, video games, comics, jokes, etc. depicting violence against women), dehumanization, grooming, normalization of sexual violence, harmful gender messaging, and how we can respond and transform the exploitive culture in which we live.
- Understanding Men's Violence Against Women & How You Can Help: This session will address the intersections of trafficking, sexual & domestic violence: the dynamics, power and control, impact of trauma, why victims stay in abusive relationships, prevention, how to support victims, and transforming a culture that fails to effectively confront violence against women.
- Preventing Child Sexual Abuse & Trafficking: This session will explore the role parents, caregivers, and anyone who works with youth to prevent sexual violence against children through tips on talking with children about sexuality& relationships, technology safety, understanding abusers, grooming, signs of abuse and how to respond when a child discloses abuse.
- Sexual Violence 101: Topics include the forms of sexual violence (abuse, assault, exploitation, trafficking, harassment, technology abuse, etc.), what to do if you are sexually assaulted, how to respond and support victims, debunking myths about SV, understanding consent and sexual integrity.
- Dating Abuse & Domestic Violence 101 (great for youth and adults!): Topics include unhealthy relationships, debunking myths about DV, co-dependency, power and control, signs of abuse, tactics of coercion, grooming, cycle of abuse, understanding abusers, how to support victims, domestic and sexual violence (including emotional, mental, verbal, psychological, sexual, physical, and spiritual abuse).
- *Redeeming Relationships: In a world of widespread abuse, violence, degradation, toxic messages, and confusion about relationships, this session aims to look at scripture, blended with Kotz's professional and personal experience, to restore God's original intention for healthy, egalitarian, and mutually-honoring intimate partnerships.
- *Porn-Free Church (great for pastors and ministry leaders!): Equip your church to take action against pornography and the root issues in a way that is Gospel-centered, grace-filled and shame-free using Covenant Eyes and other various resources.
- *The Impact of Church Messaging on Prevention & Intervention of Sexual & Domestic Violence: This presentation moves beyond the 101 and challenges church leadership, pastors, ministers, and congregations to evaluate some of the harmful messaging churches (often unintentionally) send. Topics covered include: prevention, debunking myths, victim-blaming, toxic gender messaging, spiritual abuse, what to say/what not to say to survivors, and more.
- *Busting the Box: Gender, Theology, & Liberation: This presentation critiques constraining and shame-based Christian gender constructions of masculinity and femininity and invites the audience to discover what it means to be fully human, as demonstrated by Jesus. (This presentation can be catered for general audiences, pastors/ministry leaders, or focused for marriage or youth groups)
Kotz speaks among a panel of experts in Wright County on human trafficking and community member involvement.
Past Speaking Engagements
- Community Options Transitional Program (St. Cloud, MN)
- McKinley ALC School (Waite Park, MN)
- District 742 Community Options Program (St. Cloud, MN)
- Sherburne County Adult Protection Unit (Elk River, MN)
- Trinity Lutheran Church (Sauk Rapids, MN)
- Place of Hope (St. Cloud, MN)
- St. Cloud Christian School (St. Cloud, MN)
- District 742 Social Workers (St. Cloud, MN)
- Salem Lutheran Church (St. Cloud, MN)
- Paynesville Police Department (Paynesville, MN)
- Rogers High School (Rogers, MN)
- St. Cloud Police Department Investigators (St. Cloud, MN)
- Resource Employment Action Center (St. Cloud, MN)
- St. Anthony Church (St. Cloud, MN)
- National Association of Social Workers (St. Cloud, MN)
- Princeton High School (Princeton, MN)
- Maranatha Church (Forest Lake, MN)
- First United Methodist Church (Sartell, MN)
- Sherburne County Human Services (Big Lake, MN)
- Saint Cloud Times Panel (St. Cloud, MN)
- Anna Marie's Alliance (St. Cloud, MN)
- THRIVE Bridging The Gap Women's Conference (St. Cloud, MN)
- Maywood Covenant Church (Foley, MN)
- Zonta Women's Club (St. Cloud, MN)
- Birthline (St. Cloud, MN)
- School District 742 Staff (St. Cloud, MN)
- Pearl Crisis Center (Milaca, MN)
- Capital One (St. Cloud, MN)
- Maranatha Church seminar (Forest Lake, MN)
- Annandale Improvement Club (Annandale, MN)
- The Statewide Conference on the Commission on the Status & Role of Women in the Church (St. Cloud, MN)
- Minnesota School of Business & Globe University (Waite Park, MN)
- Cornerstone Options For Women (Saint Michael, MN)
- Journey Home (Sauk Rapids, MN)
- The Village Family Services Therapist Training (St. Cloud)
- Saint Cloud Technical & Community College Sexual Assault Awareness Month Speaker (St. Cloud, MN)
- Minnesota Family, Career and Community Leaders of America Leadership Conference (Bloomington, MN)
- The Village Family Services Girls 360 Group (St. Cloud, MN)
- Nystrom & Associates training (St. Cloud, MN)
- Salvation Army Training (St. Cloud, MN)
- Discovery Church youth group (Sauk Rapids, MN)
- St. John's University (St. Joseph, MN)
- Proclaim Freedom Conference (Princeton, MN)
- Westwood Church (St. Cloud, MN)
- Youth For Christ (St. Cloud, MN)
- The Waters Church Coalition-wide Training (Sartell, MN)
- SCSU Cru Campus Ministry (St. Cloud, MN)
- Central MN Exchange Club (St. Cloud, MN)
- St. Ben's/St. John's Service Learning (Collegeville, MN)
- Creating Safer Communities Conference Keynote (Elk River, MN)
- Atonement Lutheran Church (St. Cloud, MN)
- Catholic Charities SHY program (St. Cloud, MN)
- Wright County Social Workers Training (Maple Lake, MN)
- Take Back The Night Keynote Speaker (St. Cloud, MN)
- St. Cloud Hospital Training (St. Cloud, MN)
- Catholic Charities Training (St. Cloud, MN)
- Lutheran Social Services Foster Parents Training (St. Cloud, MN)
- Central MN Mental Health Center Training (Monticello, MN)
- Lutheran Social Services Training (St. Cloud, MN)
- St. Cloud Police Academy Training (St. Cloud, MN)
- Anna Marie's Alliance Domestic Violence Shelter Training (St. Cloud, MN)
- Maple Lake Residential Recovery For Adolescent Men (Maple Lake, MN)
- Central MN Mental Health Center Training (Buffalo, MN)
- Wright County Department of Health & Human Services (Buffalo, MN)
- Caritas Mental Health Center Training (St. Cloud, MN)
- Bridging The Gap Statewide Women's Ministry (Waite Park, MN)
- Cathedral High School (St. Cloud)
- St. Cloud Area Kidstop and Boys & Girls Club Staff Training (St. Cloud, MN)
- Basilica of Saint Mary (Minneapolis, MN)
- Saint Francis Xavier (Sartell, MN)
- Resource Employment Action Training (St. Cloud, MN)
- SCSU Nursing Program Faculty Training (St. Cloud, MN)
- Centra Care Mental Health Conference Training (St. Cloud, MN)
- Human Trafficking Local Expert Panel (St. Joseph, MN)
- Recovery Plus For Adolescents Training (St. Cloud, MN)
- United Way Youth Services Training (St. Cloud, MN)
- College of St. John's (Collegeville, MN)
- Human Trafficking Coalition Conference (Bethlehem Baptist Church- Mounds View, MN)
- 10+ College of St. Benedict's various classes (Collegeville, MN)
- Annandale Intensive Residential Unit Training (Annandale, MN)
- St. John the Baptist Church (Collegeville, MN)
- Westwood Community Church (St. Cloud, MN)
- Discovery Church (Sauk Rapids, MN)
- Clara's House Behavioral Treatment Center Training (St. Cloud, MN)
- Benton County Department of Health & Human Services (Foley, MN)
- CORE Professional Services Training (Sartell, MN)
- "Porn-Free Church" Training for Central MN Pastors Network (Sauk Rapids, MN)
- Pregnancy Resource Center Training (St. Cloud, MN)
- Sherburne County Department of Health & Human Services Training (Elk River, MN)
- Sexual Assault Advocate Training (St. Cloud, MN)
- Sauk Rapids-Rice Middle School Staff Training (Sauk Rapids, MN)
- Newman Center (St. Cloud, MN)
- Recovery Plus for Adults (St. Cloud, MN)
- Sexual Assault Advocacy Training (St. Cloud, MN)
- (10+ presentations) College of St. Benedict's (Collegeville, MN)
- Proclaim Freedom Conference (Sauk Rapids, MN)
- Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) Law Enforcement Sex Trafficking Training (Brainerd, MN)
- Annandale High School (Annandale, MN)
- Sociologists of Minnesota Conference (Inver Hills, MN)
- (10+ presentations) Prairie Home Chemical Dependency Residential Treatment for Youth (Monticello, MN)
- Recovery Plus Chemical Dependency & Behavioral Treatment for Adolescents (St. Cloud, MN)
- Journey To Freedom: St. Cloud Human Trafficking Prevention Panel Discussion (St. Cloud, MN)
- Civilian First Response Training (Minneapolis, MN)
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Training (Sauk Rapids, MN)
- Journey Home CentraCare Chemical Dependency Support Group (Sauk Rapids, MN)
- Central Minnesota Sexual Assault Center (St. Cloud, MN)
- Riverside Assemblies of God (Hutchinson, MN)
- St. Peter’s Church (Mendota Heights, MN)
- Parish Social Ministry Conference (Rice, MN)
- Global Social Responsibility Conference (St. Cloud, MN)
- Celebration Church Joy Women’s Conference (Lakeville, MN)
- Take Back The Night (St. Cloud, MN)
- Aglow Women’s Conference (St. Cloud, MN)
- Catholic Charities' Parish Social Ministry Conference (Paynesville, MN)
- Students Against Trafficking & Sexploitation meetings & events (St. Cloud, MN)
- (40+ presentations) St. Cloud State University including Human Relations, Social Work, Political Science, Women's Studies, Criminal Justice, Community Health & Honors (St. Cloud, MN)
- St. Cloud Cathedral High School (St. Cloud, MN)
- Central Minnesota Human Trafficking Task Force (St. Cloud, MN)
- Interdenominational Abolitionist Network (Burnsville, MN)
- Christ Church (St. Cloud, MN)
- Atonement Lutheran Church
- Prarie House CD Treatment Center
- St. Benedict's College
- Stearns County Department of Corrections
- Sherburne County Human Services
- Central MN Mental Health Center
- Discovery Church
- Christians for Biblical Equality International Conference (Orlando, FL)
Kotz speaking on the prevention of sex trafficking at the 2015 "Safe Communities" Conference in Elk River, MN.
Kotz raises awareness of the exploitation and violence within prostitution at Minnesota School of Business & Globe University